FREE ZONE UAE
What is a Free zone company in the UAE ?
Free Trade Zones in the UAE are isolated lands or settings, which have a special tax, customs and import regime and are governed by their own distinct framework of regulations (with the exception of UAE Criminal Law) The UAE has several free zones across all seven Emirates, Free Trade Zones can be broadly categorized as sea port free zones, airport free zones and mainland free zones. An operating license is issued for specific “activities’. Freezones have historically been divided by trade themes (i.e. Internet City, Knowledge Village, Logistics etc) but this is less relevant now
Setup your business with us, UAE Free Zones.
- Dubai Multi Commodities Center (DMCC)
- Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAKFTZ)
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA)
- Ajman Free Zone Authority (AFZA)
- Dubai Internet City (DIC)
- Hamriyah Free Zone Authority
- Dubai South free zone (ex.Dubai World Central)
- Dubai Design District (D3)
- Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority (RAKIA)
- Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone (UAQFTZ)(D3)
- Meydan Free Zone
Freezone UAE Characteristics
- Real Estate Arrangement Options It is a precondition to setting up a Freezone Company, that the entity will lease a certain type of real estate within the Freezone. Here is the spectrum of possibilities. Flexi Desk a work station in a common office space area that can be used for certain number of hours weekly.
- Flexi Office/Cubical ce small office space area that can be used a certain number of hours weekly.
- Office space renting either a serviced office (covering all expenses) or renting and setting up an office with furniture and equipment. You can also rent an office as a “core and she In certain Freezone it is possible to buy an office
- Warehouse in certain instances it is possible to rent or to buy a warehouse Land in certain instances it is possible to rent or to buy a land.
The main attraction of setting up in a Free Trade zones is that a foreign investor can fully own (100% and retain management control of their business without the requirement to find and engage with a UAE national partner.
- 100% Import and Export Tax Exemptions.
- 100% Repatriation of Capital and Profits.
- Corporate Tax Exemptions for up to 50 years.
- No Personal Income Taxes
Eligibility for Residency and Work Visa
- Ease of setting up corporate bank accounts
- Ease of setting up personal bank accounts for investors who acquire an Investor Visa and for employees who acquire an Employee Visa.
- The minimum requirement for maintaining such a visa is a re- entry in the UAE once every 6 months.
Residential solutions and associated utility bills
We recommend to our clients, who will claim Fiscal residency in the UAE based on the above arrangement, to seek a residential solution to support their proof of tax residency. It is always best to provide additional proof of residency (ie. utility bill, UAE Personal Bank Statements) to your home country’s tax authority and financial institutions, in addition to your UAE Residence Visa and Emirates ID.
Sponsor a Family visa
A individual under a Company Residency Visa (either investor or employee) can sponsor first degree relatives for a Family Residency Visa. The validity of this type of Residency Visa is determined by the validity of the sponsor’s visa. The crucial condition to sponsor a family member is to submit proof of a leased residential real estate within the UAE.